I’ve admired it for a few days, small little patch of climbing pink flowers on the old tree trunk turned pillar near my driveway.
A word of praise to God for this beautiful gift births a longing I can’t quench. I have to get closer. Seeing from afar isn’t enough, I need to breathe it’s scent, to trace it’s winding path with my fingers.
I breathe and trace and notice my gift has welcomed another praise giver. Majestic Butterfly. He rests light and breathes sweet scent.
Praise invites us to take a closer look. A closer look confirms that which our hearts instinctively know. There is more. More than a flower, there is a butterfly. More than a far off view of splendor, there is a God and a glory that is close enough to breathe.
Savoring the sweet scent of His never ending goodness:
286. Conversations over the dishes
295. God’s Word in my language
304. Practical parenting wisdom spoken by God’s Spirit straight to my heart
327. Dog and boy playing tug-o-war
334. A dream come true
355. Grandma’s blue glass and precious memories
380. Our welcome to this community
409. Cool days
429. Little boy jokes
431. Christ’s death in my place
452. That His Word always has more for me
466. Porch sitting with my love
474. Kids who love to read