We are in Asuncion this week for meetings, shopping…and a very special SURPRISE birthday party for three of our co-workers, turning 40, 50 and 6o respectively!
I had the joy of decorating for the party! The colors were black and white with red accents.
I love how these giant peonies hanging from the ceiling turned out…there were red ones too. I know you can get them pre-made in the US, but it really wasn’t too hard to make from scratch, just took a little time (but well worth it - I will definitely make them again).
The gift table centerpiece, just empty boxes wrapped up pretty! The fabric in the frame flanking it is leftover fabric from a skirt!
Just had to prove there really were some red accents! :)
These were to go in the food, but that didn’t quite work out so I just put them on the wall. Flexibility is key when you are making your decorations five hours away away from your party destination! :)
So you can see I have lots to be thankful about this week! Time to keep giving praise to the Blessed Controller of my life. I am so thankful for:
54. Chocolate Dipped Croissants in the capital
55. Absolutely no scarring to my optic nerve and a great report from my eye Dr.
56. New co-workers and their courage
57. Pain and the way it reminds me to think of others
61. El Principito saying thank you in his little baby voice
64. Ironing and the pleasure I get from removing wrinkles
67. Raspberry jam found!
69. That God is faithfully showing me areas where I am NOT thankful so I can change
71. Excuses to decorate
73. Polka Dots and the way they bring a smile to my face
74. People who keep loving even when it hurts and the inspiration they are to me