Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Plagues of 2010

Every time it rains here in the Chaco, we get a new wave of bugs.  So far the worst was the plague of beetles that decided to make our porch (and air conditioner) their graveyard, leaving the stench of death everywhere! 

Funny Grasshoppers

Yesterday these funky grasshoppers meandered onto our porch.  They are certainly the most interesting bug to visit us after a rain.  They move really slowly and stay together in groups.  I took this picture after I saw them from my kitchen window all circled around like they were having a big powwow. 

Thought you’d like a little peak into my buggy world!  After all, doesn’t every missionary have a bug story?     

8 comments:

Donna said...

Cool picture! I'm sure it was surprising to find them coming for a visit!! My youngest, yes my daughter, would love it!! She loves bugs--strange I know!!

Betty W said...

I wonder if it´s because you live in such an "open" area. I don´t think I´ve ever seen this type of grasshopper before. Great picture though!
And when did it rain??? :)

jennykate77 said...

That is a very peculiar looking grasshopper! Neat picture!

Hope you all are doing well!!♥

Brenda said...

I have waaaay too many bug stories, but no pretty pictures like the one you took of these grasshoppers :)

Becky said...

Wow. Those are sure interesting! We haven't seen too many bugs around here yet, but then again we're in the city right now. Things will change once we move out into "the country". Haha. Nice stories!

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

LOL! That is a great picture! They really do look like they are having a meeting or something! And yeah, lots of bug stories... :)

Norberto Kurrle said...

EWWW! I've honestly never seen that type of insect before! How close up did you get to take that??? They look like they're in a terere circle! hahaha

Have a great weekend, girl!

Tim and Susan said...

yikes...I do admit I don't do too well with bugs. You are a super-trooper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails