Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Most Disgusting Cake Ever

Happy Third Birthday to Darling Little Redhead! (See my pregnant belly?)



We had a CARS themed birthday this year since our little boy is a fanatic! I can safely characterize him as a fanatic since he has woken up in the middle of the night crying for his Doc Hudson car. :)

Being 8 months pregnant and having been a "single" mom for a few weeks while Honey was across the country slaving away on his masters degree (he got home the day of the party)...I decided I would go with an ice cream cake this year, instead of a homemade cake. I thought the cake was a bit spendy...but it was worth it to me at that point.

Now here's the embarrassing part - I cut into the cake and realized...this is not an ice cream cake! Not only that, but it was the most disgustingly dry cake I have ever eaten. Are you shocked to find out that I actually returned 7/8ths of the cake to the store and got my money back? What would you have done?

The good news is that Darling Little Redhead just looked at birthday pictures with me and he has no recollection of the disaster. He said, "That's my special cake!" Phshew! :) And thankfully, only my family was there to witness the horror. Don't worry, I've already redeemed my reputation with some delicious desserts since then!



This is what honey and I got our boy for his birthday. I totally HEART the fact that he calls it his "power tools".

4 comments:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Oh, boy! At least it makes a good story and Gabe didn't care! :) LOL!

Shannon said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today.

Anonymous said...

Well kudos to you I would have probably just been upset and not even thought about taking it back. With everything being so pricey we should always be 100% satisfied.

By the way it's nice to "meet you" and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Blanca

Free Art Printables said...

Ha! It's funny how fast they learn...what a beautiful family you have! Jen R

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails